Saturday, July 2, 2016 (Rain Date: Sunday, July 3)
It's peak time to enjoy the collection of more than 400 varieties of daylilies in the Perennial Garden. From 9 a.m.-3 p.m. our friends from the MoKan Daylily Society will be here to answer guests' questions about growing daylilies. They will also be selling a total of about 50 daylilies, so come early if you are interested in taking a few home! No other daylilies will be sold at the festival.
In the Heartland Harvest Garden
Don't miss seeing the nation's largest edible landscape! The Tasting Station is open from 1 to 7 p.m. so you can sample the day's harvest.
Come early for a splash through the Fountain Garden and to explore the Jurassic Garden exhibit. (Please note: Most of the dinosaur sculptures are in parts of the Garden that will close at 7:30 p.m., so be sure to allow time to see them.)
Enjoy the sounds of the Ernest James Zydeco band performing from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on the lawn near the Fountain Garden. At 7:30 p.m. the Lee’s Summit Symphony takes the stage for a pops concert that includes patriotic favorites.
Enjoy a sizzling fireworks display that really shines against the dark country sky! It begins at the conclusion of the symphony's performance or approximately 9:30 p.m.
$12/adults; $10/seniors; $5/children ages 5-12.
Children under 5 get in FREE.
Festival admission includes all day access to the Gardens including the Heartland Harvest Garden and the Jurassic Garden exhibition, parking, trolley/tram service and performances.
What to Know Before You Go
- To help keep the Gardens beautiful, picnics will be allowed in the performance area only.
- Bring a blanket or lawnchair; all performances take place outdoors.
- The Gardens are very dark after sundown. Although we will use temporary lighting after the fireworks, you may want to bring a flashlight.
- Please make note of your parking location when you arrive.
- No pets (other than guide dogs) are allowed in the Gardens.
- Performances may be cancelled in the event of extreme weather. Refunds are not available.
- Trolley transportation to and from the visitor center will end at 6:45 p.m.
- Some portions of the Gardens will close early for preparation of the fireworks display. Please plan accordingly (see closing times below).
Food and Drink
Picnics are allowed in the performance area only. Enjoy a delicious variety of food from our 2016 vendors:
- The Bite: A new vendor serving innovative Mexican- and Thai-inspired street tacos, sides, and drinks.
- Booz'n Cruz'n Barbequ'n: Back at it again, bringing their mouthwatering BBQ and their famous Pig Sickles.
- Chartroose Caboose: Classic Philly cheesesteaks and more!
- Ice-Cup-Ades: Cool off with their flavorful, colorful shaved ice.
- KC Deeyas: Another new vendor that wants to help you get your Mexican food fix with quesadillas, tacos, and nachos.
- Kingsville Volleyball team fundraisers: Grab a burger, a hot dog, chips and a soda - all for a good cause.
- North Star Events: it's not a festival without their cotton candy!
- Ron's Kettle Korn: Mixing up fresh batches of kettle corn.
- Tadley's Homemade Ice Cream: A long-time favorite at the Gardens, serving up many flavors.
Because of a change in licensing, outside alcohol is NOT allowed at Powell Gardens' events. A selection of beer and wine will be available for purchase on site.
Early Closing Times
- Island Garden (includes part of the Jurassic Garden exhibit)
- Meadow and Meadow Pavilion (includes part of the Jurassic Garden exhibit)
- Skeleton Island
- Perennial Garden (includes part of the Jurassic Garden exhibit)
- David T. Beals III Woodland and Stream Garden (includes part of the Jurassic Garden exhibit)