A Giving Circle
Join the Society of Perennial Partners to enjoy exclusive opportunities to connect with Powell Gardens through educational, social and travel programs.
Participating in the society with an annual donation of $1,000 or more gives you opportunities to deepen your relationship with the Gardens’ leadership and others who are passionate supporters of Powell Gardens. Joining at the Founder Level ($1,000), is just $85/month if you use Powell Gardens' monthly electronic funds transfer program.
Throughout the year, Executive Director and CEO Tabitha Schmidt hosts receptions, exhibit previews, private garden tours and intimate social events for society members. Don’t miss this opportunity to support the Gardens in a rewarding way.
Join the Society of Perennial Partners today!
Benefits of Membership
- Unlimited access to the Gardens for family and guests during regular hours.
- Invitations to at least one annual event hosted by the President of Powell Gardens exclusively for Society memberships (couples, or individuals who may bring a guest).
- Access to special "Member Only" tours and events
- Family membership to give away
- A garden note card set
- A complimentary plant (varieties change throughout the year)
- A subscription to the Garden View newsletter
- 15% discount at Powell Gardens' plant sale and on gift shop purchases
- Member pricing for ticketed events and classes.
- Participation in a reciprocal program with more than 200 gardens and arboretums. Check out the most current listing of members at the American Horticultural Society.
You are invited to attend two inspiring and illuminating lectures—Saving Plants, Saving Ourselves with Dr. Peter Raven on Nov. 1 and Native Plants of the Midwest with Alan Branhagen on Dec. 6. Both lectures take place at 6:30 p.m. at the Kansas City Public Library's Plaza Branch (see below for more information). Join the Society of Perennial Partners between Oct. 10 and Nov. 1, 2016, and receive these additional exclusive benefits:
- Exclusive SOPP reception at 5:30 p.m. with Dr. Raven at Andre's Confisserie Suisse prior to his lecture on November 1 (RSVP required. Call Andrea Mason at 816-697-2600 x207).
- Exclusive SOPP reception following Alan Branhagen's talk on December 6, hosted by George and Wendy Powell (RSVP required. Call Andrea Mason at 816-697-2600 x207).
- A free, signed copy of Alan Branhagen's book, Native Plants of the Midwest.
Fall Lecture Series
Presented by Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical gardenTM
Saving Plants, Saving Ourselves with Dr. Peter Raven
6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1 at The Kansas City Public Library—Plaza Branch
A leading botanist and conservation advocate, Dr. Raven, president emeritus of the Missouri Botanical Garden, will speak on the importance of caring for the plants in our lives. Dr. Raven's lecture is free and open to the public. Please register at kclibrary.org
Native Plants of the Midwest with Alan Branhagen
6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6 at The Kansas City Public Library—Plaza Branch
Alan Branhagen, Powell Gardens' Director of Horticulture, will discuss his latest book and offer ideas on enriching your landscape with native plants. Alan's lecture is free and open to the public. Please register at kclibrary.org
after Nov. 6.