Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) at Powell Gardens
Powell Gardens, Kansas City’s botanical garden, offers access to produce from the Heartland Harvest Garden through a Community Supported Agriculture program. Members receive access to varying quantities of 6-8 different items per week for 30 weeks (April to November) as well as educational components and products created by expert staff members. Subscriptions for the 2018 season are on sale now.
Shared Reward | Shared Risk
The shared reward/shared risk model is the reigning ideology of CSAs around the country. Memberships are purchased in-full prior to the growing season and include a share of the Heartland Harvest Garden regardless of yields. Good growing seasons provide members with a bountiful harvest while issues with pests, weather and other unforeseen factors may adversely effect crop yields. As a CSA member, you become part of the Powell Gardens family, experiencing the true nature of agriculture through shared rewards and shared risk.
How it Works
Box Size and Cost:
CSA members can choose between a full and half share at the costs listed below:
- Full Share- 30 weeks @ $35/wk. Total= $1050
- 1/2 Share-30 weeks @ $25/wk. Total= $750 *Please note that the ½ share is slightly more expensive weekly because of the labor required to divide quantities and package each box.
Boxes are distributed every Thursday once the season begins. Subscribers are responsible for pick-up at one of three locations at the prescribed times:
- Powell Gardens’ Missouri Barn in the Heartland Harvest Garden | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
1609 NW US Highway 50, Kingsville, MO 64061
- Paradise Park | 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
1021 NE Colbern Rd, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086
- Kauffman Gardens | 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
4800 Rockhill Rd, Kansas City, MO 64110
Subscribers of the Powell Gardens CSA are given two options for payment:
- Pay the lump-sum in full by check, cash or credit/debit prior to the start of the season
- Pay monthly via automatic transactions from a debit/checking account
To sign up or request more information, please complete the form below: