Something is lurking
in the woods.
October 22-24 & 28-31, 2021
(Gates open at 5 p.m. for refreshments and time in the Gardens for ticketholders.)
Presented in partnership with Quixotic, Powell Gardens ushers in fall with an immersive, multimedia walk-through installation in the woods. As the dark lush veils of nightfall sweep solemnly across an eerie Midwest sky, Dark Forest (October 22-24 & 28-31, 7-11 p.m.) invites you to journey through a magical and mysterious landscape brimming with enthralling performance, captivating music, and innovative creative technology where the channels of nature’s mortal realms are fiercely pierced by unexplainable paranormal forces and spellbinding supernatural beings. At Dark Forest, the universe’s most coveted secrets are freely revealed to all those who wander.
Inside this wildly uninhibited labyrinth of darkness and light, the most eccentric and ethereal creatures of the universe are free to be utterly themselves and unleash the electrifying powers of their spine-chilling gifts in boundless form. Alluring trees coded with secret messages, black waters embodied with mesmerizing reflections and glowing owls imbued with purifying insight are few among the many signs of nature’s map that will guide you and your loved ones all the way through the tantalizing peril of bat’s bend to the illuminated grounds of garden fairies, angels and gnomes. A forest of integrated darkness and boundless multiplicitous power, all who enter must cultivate an unshakable trust within their soul to be able to marvel in its most brilliant light while not falling prey to its most hypnotizing dark. Dare to brave the call of the sinister night and discover the soul-awakening phenomena that quietly lingers just beyond the glimmering light!
Dark Forest is a PG-13 experience. Tickets go on sale September 7, 2021.
- Limited tickets are available. Advance purchase is required; no tickets sold at the door.
- Guests must purchase 1 parking ticket per car in addition to admission ticket(s).
- Members should input the discount code emailed to the address on file to utilize a members-only discount when purchasing tickets. Members do not need to pay for parking.
- If the date you selected is grayed out, tickets for that date and time are sold out. Please select another date and time.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are exchangeable for a different date or time based on availability. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, rain date options will be provided when possible.
- Tickets are sold in 30-minute increments. To reduce guest traffic and wait in the Gardens, plan to enter the Dark Forest experience during the 30-minute timeframe you selected when purchasing tickets.
- Dark Forest is a PG-13 experience. Tickets are the same price for all ages.
- Outdoor trails are uneven and may not be suitable for all guests. Trails are not accessible for strollers.
- The Gardens will open at 5 p.m. each day. Guests with pre-purchased tickets are welcome to enjoy evening hours at Powell Gardens before entering Dark Forest. Seasonal food and beverage options available at the Missouri Barn.
- Please stay on the Dark Forest path. Do not touch performers.