Support Powell Gardens Through Giving
Our work is made possible through the generous gifts of donors, members, and community supporters just like you. We are thankful you choose to support Powell Gardens and our mission. We believe in the importance of plants in our lives and look forward to welcoming you to the Gardens soon.
Click the button below to make a gift of any size today.
Ways to Give
Making a Planned Gift
The Heirloom Circle recognizes and honors those friends and members of Powell Gardens who have made a commitment to the future of the institution by including the Gardens in their estate plans. Planned giving at Powell Gardens is especially meaningful because the lovely landscape that visitors experience is itself a planned gift from the Powell Family Foundation, the founders of this world-class, cultural attraction.
You may become a member of the Heirloom Circle by:
• Making a gift to Powell Gardens in your will or trust
• Participating in a life income arrangement for the benefit of Powell Gardens, such as a charitable remainder trust or charitable gift annuity
• Creating a lead trust for the benefit of the Gardens
• Naming Powell Gardens as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or
life insurance policy
There are no dues or fees associated with membership in the Heirloom Circle. Members are invited to exclusive events hosted by the Gardens. Most important, memberships in the Heirloom Circle ensures Powell Gardens’ plant displays, educational programs and activities will be available for future generations. For more information about the Heirloom Circle, please contact the development office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powell Gardens offers a serene, beautiful place to honor a loved one, the Memorial Garden near the Marjorie Powell Allen Chapel. Tributes also may be placed on benches, statues and fountains throughout the Gardens. A predetermined tax-deductible gift to support Powell Gardens is included in the cost of plaques and benches.
- Small Engraved Bronze Plaque | $3,000
Individual bronze plaques are placed on a large plaque on the Memorial Garden wall. Each plaque measures 1 ½” x 5” and can include up to 3 lines of text, 15 characters per line.
- Large Engraved Bronze Brick Plates | $5,000
Engraved bronze plates are placed on a wing of the wall in memory of an individual or a couple. Each plate measures 4” x 6” and can include up to 6 lines of text, 24 characters per line.
- Memorial Garden Benches | $10,000
Memorial Garden benches have views of the Chapel and the lake. A bench plaque can include up to 3 lines of text, 32 characters per line.
Scattering of ashes in the Scatter Garden or nearby woods is included in the cost of a plaque or bench. An alternative to scattering is burial of a biodegradable acorn urn in an unmarked space within the garden area. The urn and burial are an additional $325. Note: burial spaces could be disturbed with future plantings, maintenance and other scatterings.
Memorial Garden Services and Guidelines
- A memorial service may be held in the Memorial Garden at no charge to those purchasing a plaque or bench. Family and friends may attend the service without paying for Powell Gardens’ admission.
- A service in the Marjorie Powell Allen Chapel may be arranged for an additional charge. Powell Gardens facilities also are available for rental for a reception.
- Outside flowers, plants, planters, wreaths, candles, etc. (live or plastic) are not permitted in the Memorial Garden. Those who want to honor a loved one may make a donation for further beautification of Powell Gardens.
- A one-year membership is provided for one family member of the individual memorialized in the garden.
for more information, visit our memorial services page. Please contact our Development Office at email@example.com to discuss a custom way to honor your loved one at Powell Gardens. This may include a statue, fountain or garden bed.