A Tranquil Place to Remember
Powell Gardens, Kansas City’s botanical garden, is a well-loved place for creating family memories or finding a renewed sense of peace during difficult times. Our secluded Memorial Garden offers a private sanctuary for memorializing your loved one with scattering or placement of cremated remains and a memorial plaque.
Located in a serene space with the Marjorie Powell Allen Chapel as a backdrop, the Memorial Garden’s path meanders among native wildflowers, redbuds and lofty oaks. A stone wall embraces the site and holds the memorial plaques, a lasting tribute to your loved one.
The Memorial Garden Program
Scattering of cremains is limited to those who participate in the Memorial Garden Program.
The program includes:
• Authorization for cremated remains to be scattered or placed in a designated area within this garden;
• Inclusion of name on bronze wall plaque;
• Permission for small gathering of remembrance within the garden.
Additional options include:
• An individual wall plaque;
• Commemorative service in the Marjorie Powell Allen Chapel;
• Food service for a reception.
The memorial program starts at $3,000. Donations to the Memorial Program are tax deductible. For more information on this program or other memorial options at Powell Gardens, call the Rentals Department:
816.697.2600 x228 or Events@powellgardens.org