Plan Your Visit
In response to the recent increases in COVID-19 cases in the area and updated guidelines from local health officials, Powell Gardens leadership has updated festival safety precautions as follows:
- The performance by the Lyric Opera of Kansas City on Saturday, November 21 has been cancelled. For the remainder of the festival, all events and performances will be spread out across the grounds and will span several hours of the festival to allow for social distancing. We look forward to partnering with the Lyric Opera on future events as circumstances allow.
- Signage and line management has been enhanced to facilitate social distancing and limit capacity as appropriate throughout the festival.
- The Festival’s indoor dining option, the Evergreen Eatery, has been closed. Grab and go snacks and beverages are still available at five locations spread throughout the festival’s 25 acres.
These updates strengthen our existing COVID-19 safety precautions which will remain in place. Existing precautions include compliance with the Johnson County, MO face coverings mandate, increased custodial practices, and use of outdoor facilities, among others. See below for a full lists of safety precautions in affect at the Festival of Lights.
Powell Gardens is operating with the following precautions and amenities in place for the safety of visitors, staff, and volunteers:
- Per the Johnson County, MO face covering mandate, all visitors are required to wear masks
indoors, when social distancing is not possible, and in additional mask zones that are marked with signs to protect the safety of our community.
- Visitors are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets at the link below for a contactless experience. Members will be granted contactless entry upon arrival and do not need to pre-register.
- Hours are limited to 4-10 p.m. during Festival of Lights: Enchantment to ensure our custodial staff can maintain increased sanitation procedures.
- Hand sanitation stations will be positioned throughout the Gardens.
- Snacks and beverages will be available in the Perennial Lounge (in the Visitor Center) and Holly Jolly Rest Stop (at the Missouri Barn in the Heartland Harvest Garden) during Garden hours.
- Tram service will be limited to 5-10 p.m.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations and practice social distancing.
As the situation evolves leadership continues to meet frequently to monitor new developments and ensure that precautionary measures are adequate and appropriate.
For updates, follow us on social media @powellgardens.
Garden hours and offerings vary based on the season. Please check hours below before you plan your visit.
Powell Gardens will no longer be offering advance timed tickets. Visitors are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets at the link below for a contactless experience. Members will be granted contactless entry upon arrival and do not need to pre-register.
|Military | Active-Duty & Retired with ID||$8||$12|
|Seniors | 60 & Better||$9||$10|
|Youth | 5 to 12||$4||$5|
|Children | 4 & Under||FREE||FREE|