Plan Your Visit
Before You Arrive
March 1, 2021 – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, updated guidelines from local health officials and visitor feedback, Powell Gardens leadership has announced the following precautions are in place for the 2021 season:
- Powell Gardens will reopen to the public on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
- Non-members are required to make daily reservations online to manage capacity. Advanced reservations allow us to provide a contactless experience and regulate the number of visitors to the Gardens. These tickets can be used any time between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on the day selected. To ensure availability, purchase tickets online before arrival.
- Members do not need to make advanced reservations and will be able to access the Gardens by showing their membership card upon entry. Member and pre-purchased tickets are accounted for in Garden capacity. (Please note, if you do not have your current membership card, please provide your name to the front desk associate upon arrival and you will be checked in.)
- Powell Gardens is an outdoor, rain or shine venue. Tickets are non-refundable. However, if the Gardens close due to inclement weather, advanced reservations for that day may be used on select days. Details will be emailed to impacted ticket holders.
- In accordance with Johnson County, MO and other local health mandates, masks continue to be required indoors, in marked mask zones, and outdoors where social distancing is not possible.
- The Perennial Lounge will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m for purchasing gifts, beverages, sandwiches and light snacks.
- Gardens hours continue to be limited to Thursday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to ensure our custodial staff can maintain increased sanitization procedures.
To make visits enjoyable for all guests, visitors are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations and practice social distancing during their time in the Gardens.
We appreciate your support as we navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19. Leadership is meeting frequently to review feedback and make festival adjustments as necessary. For updates, follow @PowellGardens on social media.
Hours & Admission
Garden hours and offerings vary based on the season and special events. Please check hours below before you plan your visit. We look forward to seeing you in the Gardens!
During the winter months, the Gardens shift to evening hours, Thursday-Sunday, for Festival of Lights.
|Military | Active-Duty & Retired with ID||$8||$12|
|Seniors | 60 & Better||$9||$10|
|Youth | 5 to 12||$4||$5|
|Children | 4 & Under||FREE||FREE|
|Nonmembers||FREE||$5 per car|