On Tuesday, July 7, Powell Gardens will adjust its reopening procedures based on current county and state guidelines. Powell Gardens will operate with the following precautions and amenities in place:
- As a gesture of gratitude, all healthcare workers will receive free admission to the Gardens upon showing employee identification upon entry, Tuesday–Friday between June 9 and July 24.
- All visitors are encouraged to reserve advance timed tickets online. Advanced ticket purchase allows visitors to have a contactless check-in experience, and timed entry enables us to regulate the number of visitors in the Gardens at any given time.
- All visitors are required, by order of Johnson County, MO, to wear a mask when inside of public buildings. Visitors to Powell Gardens should expect to wear a mask when entering the Gardens, in buildings and restrooms, and in spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- Hours will be limited to 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. to ensure our custodial staff can maintain increased sanitation procedures.
- One-way paths have been lifted to allow visitors our visitors more room to roam across 175 acres. All areas of the Garden will be open. (All buildings, except for three public restrooms, will remain closed through July 9, 2020. Buildings will be open at a limited capacity on July 10, 2020.)
- Hand sanitation stations will be positioned throughout the Gardens.
- Visitors will be able to view the conservatory butterfly display from outside to minimize crowds.
- Snacks and beverages by Chef Michael Foust will be available at the Missouri Barn in the Heartland Harvest Garden from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tram service will be limited to Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations and practice social distancing. Building capacity will be limited to ensure that social distancing is possible.
The situation continues to evolve, and leadership will continue to meet frequently to monitor new developments and ensure that precautionary measures are adequate.
For updates, follow us on social media @powellgardens.
Garden hours and offerings vary based on the season. Please check hours below before you plan your visit.
|Military | Active-Duty & Retired with ID||$8||$12|
|Seniors | 60 & Better||$9||$10|
|Youth | 5 to 12||$4||$5|
|Children | 4 & Under||FREE||FREE|